Growing Avocado

I know that avocado provides many benefit to human body. But I rarely eat avocado because we never grow avocado and it is not easy to find. You can only find in a hypermarket but the price is quite astonish. I have found the cheapest one at Giant hypermarket i.e 1.99 per piece. And the most expensive is at KLCC in the Coldstorage and Isetan. The price is rm5.99 perpiece from Australia. The taste is not that good compares to mango or apple. It is almost tasteless. Anyway, looking at it, I always have a thought that we can grow avocado here.

When I was in Bandung, I saw plenty of avocado fruits along the roaf leading to Tangkuban Perahu. They have different sizes as long as a cucumber, round like an apple and ellipse like a pear. I stopped by and ordered 3 kilos of them to take home. My first intention was to collect the seeds and grow them at home. I gave them to my wife and she sowed few seed to let it grow. It is so simple. Just pushed the seed into the soil. Thats it!

When I googled how to grow avocado, then I realised that I was wrong. I thought nothing will grow perfectly. Then I bought avocados from Giant hoping that I would grow them rightly. I soaked the bottom of the seed into the water hoping the root will emerge slowly. Until total the root not yet appear!

Finally I ordered three plants from my frend but by the time they arrived home, the leaves already dried, crispy and almost dead. Finally my wife told me that only one avocado managed to survive that she sowed few months ago.. Yes my experiment is going to be succeeded soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog