Buying Tropical Fish

I love to have tropical fish whether in the pool or an aquarium. I used to have two 4 feet aquariums where I put my gold fish and other tropical fish. Rearing fish is not difficult but rearing gold fish might need extra attention. The water must be clean all the time and the filter system must be efficient. Now I have no more aquarium and have no intention to get one again after experiencing plenty of casualties.

However, now I have a water lily pond. In order to prevent the mosquitoes breeding place,  I threw few guppies, swordtail and gold fish inside the pond. The guppies and swordtails can live without any filter but the gold fish only can last for few days. It just cannot live in the hush environment.

Yesterday I went to the shop to buy tropical fish to add in my water lily pond. I could not remember the name but their body shape were just like the swordtail. Since the males were not available, then I selected the matured females so that they can produce more babies. Hihihi.......see how clever I am! When I arrived home and picked up the fish, I saw the small babies appeared healthily swimming in the bag. I showed to my children and how fortunate for us to have extra fish.

One of my daughters asked me, 'Arent they die when they deliver the babies?'. ' Why?'. ' Dont you think their stomach will explode?'. Now I have to correct their understanding of how animal and human bear babies.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog