Playing With Colours
........
.
I like colours. I think everybody will agree with me. The world seems so beautiful because they are blended and painted with multiple colours. Can we imagine if we are living in the white and black environment or we are surrounded with red and yellow colours only. What's a gloomy, depressive and monotonous life it would be. Colours will brighten and enhance our characters and feelings.
.
I started my needle works seriously about 14 years ago when i had my first baby. I prepared the pillow cases, comforter and matress for my new born. During my old school days, my teacher will definitely select and hang my drawings and arts on the wall or keep it in a display carbinet. Because of our education did not emphasize on art subject and the artisitc and talented students were ignored, therefore I just let go my talent into the drain. People will always say that what are you going to do with it because there is no future. When I grew up I tend to realise that became an artist can make someone famous and also rich. I went to Jln Conlay and interviewed some famous artists and the income is quite demanding. Infact I got a friend ( famous artist), he replied that his solo exhibition can sustain his family for a year.
.
I can claim that I'm very good in needle works such as embroidery, cross stitching, quilting which I learnt from the books and imported magazines. I did not go to any special classes at all. I wish one day I can produce a special TV program broadcasting the art of needle works. Maybe it is just my dream but who knows one day it will come true.........If Chef Wan popular with his cuisines and recipes but possibly i may be famous with my needle works......hehehehe....
.

This design was transformed from the drawing made by a famous american artist Paula Vaugan. Her arts usually reflects the tranquility and quietness of the rural areas......country leaving. I started it when i returned to Malaysia last April and finished it within three weeks.

I've arranged a book and a design leaflet to make the picture appears more elegant.

.

.
This is another design originated from Paula's drawing. It took me for three weeks to complete this project. The most important criterias to finish the project are diligence, dedication and devotion towards the work. Dont let your spirit fly away because it is difficult to catch it once the mood is down.

.

.
Hehehehe...dont ask me whether I have finished the story book. Only half way and to be continued.........I need to finish my work one at a time. Those are different treads. My plan was to make pillow cases with bullion roses. But I left the cloth behind...perhaps I will start after I return to Malaysia in August.

.

Quilt for all seasons

.

Quilt of the bible (dont worry about its name)

.

If you are interested to purchase these design magazines, you always can visit the website www.paulav.com or get it from our local shop. There are twelve designs in each magazine. You can order it via mail and dont worry about its delivery. There are few shops in Kuala Lumpur, selling them for RM100 each. At Ampang Park you can get it from the shop called Hubby & Wool and at SS2 called Yee Button. There is one near ampang Point called Cottage Patch. They also sell other materials and fabrics for quilting and other needle works. If you were to go to Hubby and Wool, just ask for Jenny for sure she knows me very well...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog