Episode 3: Sudan: My Project Camp Site
................
My project camp site situated 5 kilometers from my project site office. We have to commute everyday after breakfast at 7.00 a.m. It is about 15 minutes drive. The camp is managed by our contractor BWSC from Denmark. There are not many facilities provided but just enough for us to pamper ourselves to play snooker and table tennis. There are Danes, Malaysians, Indians, Fillipinos, Sudanese, Pakistanis, Germans, Slovenians, Australians, Bosnians and the local Nuirs. We try to understand each other but it is not so easy to mix around because of language and culture barrier. Anyway we just smiled to each other with a simple greeting when we met. We are happy to be here and here are some pictures to enjoy.
.


This was our cook Mr Tanggai. He left the camp last month. When i asked him where are you going? He said that he is going for vacation. Until today i haven't seen him. Perhaps he already left the camp. Whenever i wanted to cook, he will prepare the ingredients for me. I also taught him how to cook Malaysian food. He is a nice guy.

Ali is second from the left. He is our baker. He made very tasty breads and cakes. I helped him sometimes to roll and shape the dough. He can not speak english and i can not speak arabic. So we just using the sign language and expect that we understood each other. Quite funny........! That is me in the black polo T-shirt. The far left is Dominic. He also had left the camp. I dont know where he is now. I gave Malaysia printed T-shirt to all of them and they were so delighted. He..ehe...he...that is why I got easy access to the kitchen and the food supply.

.

This is my small room. The furnitures are from Ikea. Small fridge and there is nothing there actually...hehehehehehe. My best friend...lap-top...I will carry it around with me during my travelling. We are provided with wireless internet access....bit cheerful with it...if not the life will be miserable. Thank God.

This is my cute sofa. Only available in my room. I seek permission from Jan to take that sofa to my room. It was in the creation room before. This is where I sit quietly and comfortably focusing on my needle works.

These are local girls. Our Contractor invited them during the Chrismas day. They were singing and chanting in their own language.....never comprehend what they said.

A procession ...........many of them....teenagers....small kids.

That is me under the aircraft wing. Ready to go back for R & R. What a relieve.............after two months at site. That is the aircraft to commute from site to Khatoum. It took about 2 hours to reach Khartoum.
That is me....ready to board the aircraft.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog