Adventure to Shenzen, China
.
I never been to China before but I went to Hongkong in 1993. During that time you can cross to Shenzen from Hong Kong within minutes by ferry. I think Shenzen was quite a small city during those days.
.
Last June I was planning to take my sons, Ubai and Safwan for holiday. Fistly i decided to go to Bandung, Indonesia and it would be a better place for site seeing and shopping. One day when I was about to make a booking to bandung through Airasia, suddenly it appeared new route to Shenzen, China, So I channel my intention to go to Shenzen since I've been to Indonesia several times. Then immediately I make the booking for three of us for about RM1500. Few weeks after that I make a hotel booking for three days and fr nights for our new adventure. Everything seems so smooth and easy. From there on I started to browse the internet to find out the shopping places and information regarding Shenzen. Our departure will be on the 21st july and return on the 24th July.
. My sons Ubai and Safwan been on the flight before but it was years ago when they were small. Ubai experienced when he was a baby on the way back from london to Kuala Lumput while Safwan when he used to follow his grandma to balik kampung. Of course they we excited. Not only to ride a plane but the Shenzen city as well.
.
They thougt that Shenzen is smaller than KL but I explained to them that this city is one of the biggest city in China and many times bigger than Kuala Lumpur but Safwan still hesitated to beieve me. Ok, just wait and see. The flight to Shenzen took about 4 hours flight and and the schedule was not promising as we expected. We touched down at Bouan International Airport roughtly 9.30 p.m. and the not much hessle dealing with the Chinese Authorities. Suspicious and cautious was in my mind once I embark into the airport. It was different if you were to travel in the European Countries.
.
There were few illegal taxi waiting outside and I was advised by a lady officer to take a red cab taxi. Suddently one man came to me and ask where we wanted to go and I just follow his rythm. Anyway after little bit bargaining we were charged RMB150. I sense it was quite expensive but the night was crawling then we intend to use his service. I thought that I was making a wrong decision. We reached hotel about 10.00 p.m and after finished check in we went straight to our room for a rest. TV movies are all in Chinese and cannot understand anything.
.
The food might be a problem to us then I bought few tuna canned food and gardenis bread and maggie incase we failed to secure halal food around. I told my boys that tomorrow we will go to Dongmen shopping areas, the following day to Lou Hu Shopping Mall and the very last day to experient few visites. The next day then my sons realised that Shenzen is a metropolitan City and much more bigger than Kuala Lumpur. Here are few pictures and bit explanation perhaps it might help those who are interested to go to Shenzen one day.

This is a typical view of the city surrounded by concrete jungle. The design of the building inclusive the condominium are very modern and impressive. Now only you can view this type of condominium in Kuala Lumpur. It took about 20 years to develop this city from mere fisherman town. I hope it is true.
This is another view that I took from the taxi window. Nice landscape and the traffic, and road were well planned. Really admire them.
Hardly to see motorbikes in Shenzen. i can say none. My sons also realised and keep on asking me where are the motorbike. Then I found this motor bicycle parking near the road. I think this is an electrical power driven.

At first we did not notice where is the mosque but qhen we were on the way to Lou Hu shopping mall we met this Muslim Hotel surrouded by halal restaurants. We had our lunch here on Monday and Tuesday after exhausted with our ration.
My sons in front of the hotel after we completed our lunch and prayer on the last day.

There are two metro lines in Shenzen. We ride from the Window of the World to Lou Hu shopping mall which cost us for RMB5 each person. Very cheap and clean.

Walking towards the Hotel. Took us about 20 minutes to reach the hotel from the Muslim Hotel.

European Inn next to the Window of the World.

In front of Window of the World. Initially we would like to be inside the theme park but the entry fee was very expensive, RMB 120 per person then we decided to go to Lou Hu Shopping mall by metro. That money we can buy other things.
This is during peak hour, may people queing for taxi. The system is quite good and the people really follow the system and there was one officer commanding the passangers and taxi drivers.
This is a railway station next to the shopping mall. You can go to Hong Kong by ferry using this station. Can go for a day trip to Hong Kong and be in Disneyland.


You can only take a taxi at designated places

I think these are condos or service apartments
The railway station Lou hu

Lady's accessories you can get them cheaper here. What you get in Malaysia all came from China. I bought plenty of hair clips for my wife and daughters. Your wives will get crazy if you bring them here.
Which one two choose. Bargaining is extremely tiring. I hate it......
Lau Hu Shopping Mall...you can never finish it within a day. Many shops and everything under the sky. That people use to say but be smart to bargain. if not you are the real loser.
Supermarket next to our hotel.

Condos that you can find in Shenzen......I think what you see in KL...They immulateing from here..
In Shenzen they dont call it Jazz but Fit
The old public phone booth
Empire hotel where we stayed. Quite reasonable and reliable.

The Alien taken care by a shop in Dongmen
Number of workers were taking rest at Dongmen
Water to quench thirst and washing....the idea is not bad isn't it...
Haaaahahahahaha..... this is lesson learnt. Safwan was impatience to buy MP4. I told him we better make a thorough survey but he still with his decision to buy. We got a very expensive deal where we can get much more cheaper in Lou Hu Shopping Mall.In China you can get fake items almost everywhere and with new design. In fact they are smarter than the desiner. I was surprised that you cannot see any of the pirate DVD counter and software counters or shop. They will come approaching you asking pirated DVD. I think the goverment really took extensive effort to crack down the syndicates.
Dongmen Square

Typical Chinese restaurant at Dongmen street

Ubai bought his manchester jersey for RM60 but here u can get less than that. About RM30 or less. You just name it and you will get it.
Very interesting journey and for sure I will come again this year..............

Comments

Croesus said…
Salam,
just in case you are looking for halal restaurants in various countries for your next trip pls visit http://asrichascroesus.blogspot.com/

Popular posts from this blog