Lets We Pray Together

I never heard about this country before when I was a kid. I only know the Soviet Union, the Communist country and one of the super power of the world apart from United States. I still remember the down fall of the Communist block in 1989, during that time I was in Medan, Sumatra, Indonesia. Heehehehehehe...that was the sweetest memory that I ever had when i and 3 of my friends were dumped in detention room, accused abuse of VISA. It was a long story that will never forget. I hope.........
.
When you are travelling and visiting your fellow muslim brothers and sisters than you will realise the real condition and situation of their faith. Let we not to blame anybody but just ponder ourselves whether we have carried out the duty of muslims i.e. Dakwah Ilallah. Sometimes we fail to interprete the meaning because we just felt that by helping and assist them is adequate. Sometimes we feel that by doing good amal and good to people we already secure to have a place in heaven. What is Islam or Addeen if we dont fulfill it through sacrifies in term of weath, time and ourselves.
.
My time in Turkmenistan make me realise that people change with environment either politically or geographically. And it is not easy to protect the iman if the environment is not condusive and it is a great challenge. Base on the pictures below let me narrate something for you to share.

This is a mosque that I performed my friday prayer in Ashgabat, the capital of Turkmenistan. It is not easy to enter this country unless you apply the LOI and you will get a visa valid for 3 month but they only allow you to stay for a month. If not you will be deported immediately. There are about 5 big mosques here but small masjid Im not very sure. I havent surveyed yet but I think there are none. There is a beautiful mosque almost duplicated from the blue mosque built by turkish. I try to get a photo next time.


This is a close zoom of the dome. Not many youth from local coming for prayer but the old folks and the small kids.
This is a local kid that I took after completed my friday prayer in Turkmenbashi. The distance from Ashgabat to Turkmenbashi is about one hour flight and cost you for usd6 only but for local only for usd1. It is about 40km drive to my project base.
This is Imam Agzam Abu Hanife Masjid. I was told that previously for friday prayer hardly to get 1 saf but now there local people coming to the mosque are increasing. I think the numbers will increase since there are many more malaysians will come and will create better religous environment for the locals.

This is a view after the friday prayer. Similarly there are not many middle aged group except the old folks and the young generations.

These are local kids that i managed to gather and ask for photos. They like it very much and it was fun. But some of them came from different ethnic groups such as Kazakh, Turks, Azeri and many more.

That is Zainudding with the local kids. I forced him to have a picture with them, knowingly that you have to be extra careful when involve with local people.
.
I also confuse how to approach and preaching them of what is the benefit for being a muslim. The hardest part is how to change their way of life since they were being oppressed by the Soviet during communist era, but i will try my best with what ever I can and hopefully Allah will assist me to guide them to the right path.......amin.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog