Makan Kenduri

We were invited for makan kenduri i.e a wedding feast at Balik Pulau, Pulau Pinang, by my arwah father's brother on Sunday. It would be a nice time and another chance to visit my eldest brother. My sister would like to accompany me but she turned down because she needed to go to her office at the last minute. Balqis reluctant to follow and would like to stay with Ikhlas and Adah at Wan Lah's house.

Finally only my mom and Ubai accompanied me. It only took an hour to reach the place from my mom's house. It was about 1 pm when we arrived and there were so many guests started having their meal and being greeted by a host. I just had a very late breakfast at Ambangan Mall, Sungai Petani earlier with my mom and Ubai. I just ate laksa and would like to eat later since my stomach has already fulled.

I met all my uncles and unties. Everybody has changed. Yeah....everybody is getting older including myself. When I was a kid, my father would take me to kampung whenever there was a wedding kenduri. I used to catch fish and birds and running wild in the bendang. Now no more bendang. Everything has gone. All you can see only luxury houses surrounding the kampung and hardly seing any bird chirping around.

My antie asked me to move at the backyard and introduced to other relatives that I have never met before or remembered. Now is the time for us to foster the relationahip again and a family gathering for this coming hari raya would be great and helpful.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog