I Met August

When I was in standard 2, as a monitor of the class 2 blue, I was introduced to August by teacher Jamilah. He came to my kampung following his father as exchanged teacher from Indonesia. When we entered the class, teacher Jamilah informed and introduced August to all of us. We were vary happy to have a foreign friend. During that time we never new Indonesia. We only new about KL but never imagined how was KL. Everybody seemed to be naive. But we were happy to have a new friend. I was lucky because August stayed in my area and we can have more time to know each other. The secondary school where his father taught just accross the road.

After he left Malaysia in 1976, we have not met or exchanged any news. There were no email, sms or internet. We were kept far apart and gradually separated and hardly remembered each other. For me, thank god has presented me with a strong memories. Really appreciate that.

I hate fb initially. The beauty of fb is, it manages to search and unite your old friends that you have not met for years. I would say a good place for jejak kasih. There is a fb of my old secondary school i.e. Sekolah Menengah Gurun. I joined the forum and saw a tag line by August sister. Started from there I managed to track August after lost touch for 36 years. When I started to indroduce and refresh the history August seemed to have forgotten. But he could remember other friends and his old school.

Before I left for Bandung and Jakarta, I inboxed a message for him saying I would like to see him. I was waiting for the message and was in vain. I thought we just did not have any luck to meet each other or he just too busy.

I was sleeping in my room after asar after went out to Mangga Dua Square. The phone was ringing and I was reluctant to pick up the phone. Who else would call me apart from receptionist. I ignored. Suddenly Ikhlas answered the call and passed me the phone saying somebody would like to take to me. Immediately my thought of August. Yes...he was waiting for me down stairs. I asked for few minutes to get ready.

When I came down, he was waiting at the lobby patiently and when I greeted him, we were speechless for awhile and hug each other. I offered him to sit at the cafeteria where we can chat, drink and reminisce all the memories that nearly dissappeared.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog