Arriving Turkmenistan

.

It took about 4 hours for us to fly to Asghabat from Istanbul. The weather in Asghabat is going to be sub zero and going to be very cold. I did expect patches of snow here and there since I havent enjoyed the snow since 10 years ago, I think. But my expectation was wrong when we arrived at the very early morning. The roads and city seemed very quiet. The driver dropped us at Grand Turkmen hotel but the room was not that good, felt so stuffy with old and dirty carpet.

.

When I woke up about 7.30 am for my farjar payer I saw the city was covered by snow. Everything was white. Few people were wondering the city with thick jacket and head covered. Yes.....it was snowing.....wow.... I went outside to snap few photos. The snow was rather tiny falling tenderly from the sky. It was so great!

.

That evening we took another flight to Turkmenbashi for the site meeting tomorrow. I was not expected that the tempersature here was worse than Asghabat. The town not really covered with snow but iced. Even the caspian sea was frozen about 500m from the shore. I was here last

last January but the weather was extremely different. People claim that this was the worst since 40 years ago. The city got no water supply coz the water frozen inside the pipe.

.

The camp site was not heated adequately and need to buy extra heater to remain warm. The food was alright but I just asked my seft whether was I ready to stay in the camp during next winter. All I hope is the weather would not be that bad as this year.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog