A Thousand Splendid Suns - Khaled Hosseini


I first recognised Khaled Hossein through his book, The Kite Runner. I saw his book on the shelve at the book store but I just dont have a courage to buy. When I was at Feringgi Walk, Penang while searching for my favourite movies ( obviously pirated DVD), I found The Kite Runner which was adopted into a movie. The film was simple but the message and the plot was remarkable. Then I started to admire the story and naration of this author. He was born in Afghanistan and migrated to United States after devastating war at his own country.
.
A Thousand Splendid Suns is another excellent product by Khaled that everybody must read. Human bond, jealousy, abuse, power struggle and how the war can tear apart the country boisterously . Here is the synopsis.
.
'Mariam is only fifteen when she is sent to Kabul to marry Rasheed. Nearly two decades later, a friendship grows between Mariam and a local teeanger, Laila, as strong as the ties between mother and daughter. When the Taliban take over, life becomes a desperate struggle against starvation, brutality and fear. Yet love can move a person to act in unexpected ways, and lead them to overcome the most daunting obstacles with startling heroism.'
.
I definitely recommend for those addicted to fiction and reading to spare sometimes to finish this book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog