Blue Mosque and Its Interior
I must be very regreted for not bringing my DSLR camera with me. I brought the toy and compact one. The focus was not so sharp and blur. But for my next excursion for sure I will carry along with me. Anyway my toy camera really helps me a lot at least I should thank her.
After I finished my meeting with Mr Zehnin, I politely asked him about the blue mosque. I have no knowledge about its architechture and construction. It worth to buy a book narrating about the mosque specifically about the master mind behind this wonderful place of worship. So I asked him when was this buiding was built? He cannot give me a precise date but he told me that the building was built about 400 hundred years ago. Wow...itds amazing. He told me that he got a book about the Blue Mosque of Sultan Ahmed Mosque but was written in Turkish. But he promised me that for my next assigment he will give me the english version.
Firstly I was unsure whether to be in Istanbul again and secondly whether I manage to get this book from him. Is he going to give it free for me??......Even he borrow it to me I dont mind and infact I better buy one. Since I already in Kuala Lumpur, why not I take this oppurtunity going to Kunikuniya at KLCC to find this book. Must be very interesting to possess this valueble experience plus the history behind it.
I took this picture taken during the sunset. If Im not mistaken, if you take pictures from E, W,N and South at 90 degree or perpendicular, the image interestingly symmetrical. Can somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
All the floral and geometrical designs were painted by hand. I wonder how they did it and they are so beautiful. The mosaics were placed next to each other to perform a perfect symmetrical floral.

The columns are very big made of huge marble blocks

I was resting at the back after I finished my prayer. The outside was drizzling. I waited for Azam to finish his prayer. Then I saw these few ladies were busy taking photos. Hhehehehe......then I took their photo as well...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog