Local Fruit

Do you know that our local fruits are expensive than the imported fruits? It is cheaper to buy apples or oranges than to buy durians or cempedak. The local fruit are sold base on per kilogram and not per unit. For example, if you buy a durian, it could cost you rm20 per unit depent on the size. If you are not prudent enough you can bring home the rotten durian. You can see it is nice from outside but inside it may not be splendid. I may say that the onus is on the seller to choose the good and the bad. No wonder some people would bring their own container and ask the seller to open the fruit. They would only pay the good one.

I love fry cempedak. Do we call it jack fruit? Yesterday, I asked my wife whether any more cempedak left? She replied with no. She told me to buy at Ulu Yam on my visit to my daughter. That was a good idea. On my way I stopped by at the two fruits stalls. I asked the first stall and asked for rm8.5 per kilo. But the fruit was not ready to fry. Then I went to the other stall and the fruit looked very welcoming. He charged me for rm7 per kilo.

I choosen the biggest one coz many people Were going to eat. You know how much was the cempedak? It cost me for rm30. Wow....it was very expensive! Since I already got addicted to it, I would rather buy. What to do......



Comments

Popular posts from this blog