Sway

I was at KLCC recently for a meeting. The meeting was suppised to start at 9.00 but nobody turned up. I was wondering where was everybody. It was already 20 minutes passed and not a single person appeared. Hhhmmmm...... Might they have already changed the time I would not know. I thougt of leaving coz I have other important matters to resolve.

While I was looking outside and enjoying the scenery of Kuala Lumpur, suddenly I saw something unique in front of me. Wow...this was the opportunity to take the photo and little bit of academic. It was the pin connection of the support structure that held the tower bridge on KLCC. I was a ball type of structure that permit the displacement to rotate.

I posted the picture and questionin my fb and started to get few answers. Yes I was right. The connection to cater for the sway in every direction. Do you know that the maximum displacement of the sway can go as 1 meter? It sounds great but relatively small compared to the height of the building.

Hhhhmmmm........now I learn back about theory of structure....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog