Excursion To Egypt : A Day Before Aidil Adha

.

A day before Aidil Adha we went to Jamibrahim ( I am not sure the speeling is right or not) to walk and strol around the market and enjoy the morning spree of the locals. It must be a very busy day since the locals were preparing for the last minute shopping. It was not as what I thought! It was not what we experinced in Malaysia. The morning was cool and calm and not many locals. Perhaps they were still enjoying their wonderful sleep and waiting for their wives to call for shopping. Let see what we were experiencing on that morning.


You can see many fruit stalls selling all types of fruit. Citrus, grapes, mangoes and other fruits that famous for its Mediteranien climate. I like grapes and pormeganade very much! Oh...I already told you how I purchase mangoes that the saiz of my head...

These boys were so happy when i took their picture with a bull that ready to be sacrificed for tomorrow. They were very coorperative and this time they failed to ask money from me.


That old man was sitting there quietly while looking at his son selling vegetables. He must be a taukey and ready to hand over his business to his chidren.


Our stomach were already kroncong and we were ready to have local chai. The breakfast was very plain in nature and there were no other alternative menu or food for you to request. The only food that we have was a local crispy bread soak into the chai. My son called it roti lantai (floor bread) just because after baked, they simply laid down all of them on the floor. Not only that' I have seen they put it on the fence wall as well. Never mind, makan ajelah kan. Because the stomach already craving.


I asked my son to buy the bread across the street for one geneh. Not that expensive though..


Ok...for few snaps and here we were... Life looked very simple and relax


Have you ever tasted pegions? As for me they were just like other birds. If you would like to prepare Pegion Tomyam , you always can get baby pegions in this market. That would remind me and other friends that we caught pegions at the mosque attic when we were student in Woolwich, London. I was the one who made that Pegion Tomyam.


If you want a free horse ride, also available. Oooo...no you still need to pay. Everything was not free.

.

The next day we prepared laksa and rendang for our breakfast and lunch for Aidil adha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog