My Second Attempt








Last Saturday I promised to visit my daughter at her hostel. And I did also promise her to bring my decorated cake. My wife already baked the cake on that friday night. We were planning to decorate the cake tomorrow morning coz i was busy to finish up the dress. After we had a breakfast we clear the table and I called my children to join me for cake decoration. I was thinking and told myself that the result must be ok. First I started to make butter cream and this time we discard the vegetable shortening. After adding some colors I started to make roses. I tried by using a tooth pick but my rose cannot hold and started to slide along the stick. Probably the cream was soft or I failed to understand the proper technic. Then I changed the technic by using a rose base. When the rose was ready, when I try to lift and put onto the cake, the rose tend to distort. Now i knew that the cream was too soft. Finally you know what I did? I just make the roses direct to the cake and there you see the result.I was not satisfied but I will have another attempt to improve my skill. By the way, my children and wife were happy and enjoyed to witness my cake decoration skill.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog