From Prague to Budapest
.
It was not easy to manage your travel especialy when you have limited time and budget. You need to decide where and when to go first and which hotel to book. At the same time you have to find the info for the train or bas schedule and where is the station for next departure. Everything you need to plan in advance unless you are guided by the travel agent and everything is prepared for. With this mode of travel i.e. free and easy, everybody must play their role and must be in mobile and alert all the time especially being in a country that almost alient to you.
.
The train to Budapest from Prague was schedule at 11.00 p.m. We only spent two days and one night in Prague. Sometimes it is better to travel at night at least you can sleep on the train coach and save your budget. We expect to reach Budapest about 7.00 a.m. We already book the hotel but the hotel emailed us that they cannot comfirm immediately but only by tomorrow morning and we need to call back for comfirmation. The journey was tiring and boring since you cannot enjoy the scenery. What we did was sleeping all the time. Once a while the immigration officers will come to check our pasports and a security man will come and check our tickets. We finished our fajar prayer and sahur in the train as usual. From time to time there were some locals joined our compartment and with an awkward look to us. Who give a dam anyway.
.
Surprisingly, in Budapest at the main rail station there were plenty of local people approaching you to offer accomodations with very cheap bargain especially for budget travelers. But I would like to advise that you better inspect the room first before you agree to accept because the photo they presented might deceive you. Luckily we manage to secure the one near to the British Embassy and sneak to their wireless internet eventhough the room quality was not that excellent. Hahahaha...never complaint since you are a bufget traveler.
.
First came into my mind was how to get halal food? Fortunately there were many arabs in budapest which we never imagine and the halal food was not a problem. Infact there are three masjid in Budapest or people call them Islamic centre.
.
Budapest is quite similar to Prague interm of transportation and city. Language was not a problem at all but you may face problems when you speak to older generation. Since we were not familiar with trams and busses therefore we decided to follow the tourist guide for one day sight seeing.
Szabadsag Bridge
Statue of Hero's Square at Pest
Buda castle viewing from the hill and the surrounding city of Buda.
Fishermen's Bastion....my tourist guide told me that this place was not meant for the fishermen but was the area for protection against the enermies.
The Parliament
The Parliament. We were not allowed to enter the building because there was massive demonstration by public against the ruling government. So my advice is stay away from local politics and cultures when you are in somebody's country.
The Parliament
I cannot remember what is this building. it just like a square or garden situated about 300 meters form the parliament.
I cannot remember the name of this building but I snapped it at down town Pest
Hehehehehe...that is me. I am also taking the oppurtunity to take many photos
This was our meeting point for the sight seeing. I was standing in front of St. Stephens Basilica Cathedral and it is open to public. Newly renovated and rejuvenated. That was the first time I be in the church for my general interest and view.
That background building like roman architecture ia near to the Hero's Square
Budapest is made up of two words of Buda and Pest. On the right is called Pest and the left is called Buda. They were separated by Danuba river and connected by Erzsebet Bridge. I hope I am making the right statement...hahahahah.
I dont know what is this boy's name but he looks like Peter Pan
.
We complete our visit for two nights and two days. In general It is ok to be here but the people are not that courtesy compared to Asian. We dont really feel welcoming here. Perhaps because there are too many tourist every year and they just could not be bothered about that. The next morning we need to pack our luggage to go back to Vienna for our next trip to Bratislava, Slovakia.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I’ve been to Prague many times and I never get sick of it. Last time I was there for 15days. I found the city beautiful, like a fairytale land, the towers, the castles and the cathedral gives the city that mystic ambient that I love.
I love Czech people they are very nice and friendly and also a literate society, as you can see here in this government document. Besides the small streets I loved the place we slept in I’ll leave you here a very good site about Prague hotels, they are cheap and very pleasant. Better then sleeping in trams: )
I have been in Budapest too but I didn’t like so much as Prague!
Anonymous said…
I’ve been to Prague many times and I never get sick of it. Last time I was there for 15days. I found the city beautiful, like a fairytale land, the towers, the castles and the cathedral gives the city that mystic ambient that I love.
I love Czech people they are very nice and friendly and also a literate society, as you can see here in this government document. Besides the small streets I loved the place we slept in I’ll leave you here a very good site about Prague hotels, they are cheap and very pleasant.

Popular posts from this blog