Vienna, Austria-October 2006
.
I think it is not too late to add my trip to Eastern Europe last fall. I was contemplating where to go after I completed my project. At first I thought that it would be wonderful to roam and enjoy the mesmerising Italy. But i just went to two mediterranien countries for sure more or less they would be the same. Roman architecture, blue water, the people and so on. My heart was still to go to Rome coming down from Venice straight to Florence and ended up in Rome. It must be very interesting journey but how tired it would be.
.
Finally we made a decision to travel and visit Eastern Europe comprises of Austria, Slovakia, Hungray and Czech Republic. As usual we arranged our flight with the Emirates using our free tickets to head on to Vienna. It took me months to arrange the trip, getting info from the internet and booking of the hotels. I did all those arrangement alone and to cater for my two other friends, Fazli and Rosmin.
.
From Kathoum, Sudan we break our journey at Dubai for 9 days and 8 nights journey. I'm not very sure how are we going to cope with the weather and fasting month, Ramadhan, definately a challenging assignment.
That is me, just touched down at Vienna International Airport ready to take a bus to the city centre and the hotel. We booked an apartment with cooking facilities, easier for us to prepare for our iftar and imsak.
In front of rows of shady trees or boulevard. The weather was ok. Not very cold and very pleasent.
Austria is very famous with its building architechture and mozard. Plenty of beautiful buildings and gardens. If you like history you can read about their ruler and about the country until the world war two. Quite fascinating.
I cannot remember what is the name of this place but there are many tourists snapping pictures and resting in the garden.
This is the main entrance and front gate of Belvedere Palace. Very pretty. But there was maintenance work and the pool in front of it was totally under repair.
Wow....extraordinary crafting work at the main entrance of the shopping mall.
One of the many beautiful building architecture.
Chocolates from Vienna, Austria featuring mozard. A typical window display in most of the shops in vienna.
Belvedere Palace
Schonbrunn Palace. Plenty of tourists especially the Japanese. I bought 2 T-shirts here featuring the mozard cartoons. Quite a nice T-shirt.
View at the Shopping street. Typical European shopping street.
Schonbrunn PalaceHaving Iftar in one of the Turkish mosque. Halal food is not really a problem since there are plenty of foreigners like Turkish and South Asian.That is Fadzili. Wow......full your stomach ok.One of the unique urinal bowl that you can find here.....hehehehe.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I know this was your last year's post -- but my hubby and I are heading to vienna this June-July for a conference and we decided to stay in an apartment to cook.. I was surfing to look for halal meat shop there when I stumbled upon this entry. Since u mentioned u had stayed in an apartment, mind giving some tips as to where we can find halal meat shops? ps- how did u get free tickets from emirates anyways?
Abu Ikhlas said…
Safurah,
I give you my special tips ok. Kalau travel to foreign tempat yg tak biasa, perkara pertama bawa roti and tuna mayonis yg dah siap tin tu at least ada back up plan sementara nak biasa. Second in vienna many turkish jual kebab so u boleh makan kebab sebab halal. You boleh tanya dia mana nak beli halal meat. Masjid i pegi buka puasa tu pegi cari sendiri tapi normally out skirt la. But within reach sebab transport bagus. Apartment tu u type kat google 'cheap hotel and apartment in vienna' pastu you browse la. Nak jalan kena buat homework skit. Tapi apartment I sewa tu ok dah tak ingat nama dia. dekat underground station. Luar nampak horror tapi dalam best. Musim panas selalu penuh kena book awal awal. Ni I nak ke istanbul on the 1st may sampai sekarang pening nak cari hotel kat area blue mosque. Semuanya full.....kalau tak dapat jugak kena iktikaf masjidlah nampak nya....Kalau nak tanya I lagi leh comment kat sini atau email i at nisabalqis@yahoo.co.uk

Popular posts from this blog