Balik Kampung

As fas as I could remember, I have never celebrated Hari Raya in kampung with my grandparents. Balik kampung is not in our dictionary during Hari Raya. Being the children of a policeman, all I could remember we celebrated Hari Raya in the police barrack or in our own home. My grandma used to celebrate together with us. There were so many reasons why we hardly balik kampung. First during our time, the public transport was so poor. Can you imagine how my parents would handle 4 of us to rush for the bus, ferry and another bus? I think we have to change for more than 5 buses to reach Balik Pulau Penang. Those were stories for old days and to have a car was like a dream. The only time when we balik kampung was when there was a wedding feast because my father's brothers or sisters going to get marry.

We went to visit our uncle at Balik Pulau yesterday. Everything looks very different. There are so many new houses around the area including the luxurious housing project. I could remember the area was covered by padi field and and small stream within the area. Now everything is disappeared. The land has been sold out to the developer for a quick profit. And the price for the house is very expensive.

This area was where we use to gather with other family members and I would believe that this is the area where we are to depart. There are still few lots can build nice bungalows but who is so lucky to have the area. As for me my home in Rawang is already nice and spacious to live in with my nine children.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog