Maulidur Rasul
Tomorrow is Maulidul Rasul in Turkmenistan. In fact the Maulidul Rasul is also celebrated in Malaysia today and was declared as public holiday. So the office will be closed tomorrow. We are invited for the doa selamat tomorrow at our supply base manager's house. After isyak prayer just know we were invited for the rewang or gotong royong for makan makan at his house tomorrow morning. The meal will be served after friday prayer. The menu will be satay, bihun goreng, bubur kacang and many more I supposed. I think I just go to eat. Heheheh...bit lazy to participate for the gotong royong.
.
Ahmet came to my office this morning. We talked a lot about project...how to tidy up and make it more effective and efficient...talking about the progress...talking about engineering. I comprehend his concerns and I threw few of my concerns as well. Later we dragged our conversation to talk about politics...life...family and many more. It ended up nearly two hours. Anyway if god willing, I will meet him again in Istanbul for my LOI/Visa extension and the engineering meeting. Got to scan the progress and other matters to less the worries.
.
Yesterday Mr Zeki called me inviting for the doa selamat as well. I wouldn't know that the Turkish people also practiced and cultured this kind of ritual. Here are our conversation that transpired. To make it more entertaining you should keep your accent like the Turkish...hehehe
.
Mr Zeki: Hello how are you Mr Abuikhlas
Abuikhlas: Fine. Thank you. What can I do for you Mr Zeki.
Mr Zeki: I want to invite you for the food because we are going to have a sheep slaughter for our OGT.
AbuIkhlas: Ok. Thank you. Who are you going to invite?
Mr Zeki: You can invite all of Petronas and MMHE. We are going to have food. But I will confirm with you later.
I was bit confused either he meant to invite the locals too.
Abuikhlas: Ok. I think it is better we have it before 6.00 p.m for our dinner time at your place.
We ended the conversation there and I was anxious to inform all my colleagues during lunch time. After 1 hour time Mr Zeki call me again.
Mr Zeki: Mr Abuikhlas....I'm very sorry to inform you we have to cancel. We cannot find the sheep. We will do it next week.
I was bit concerned whether they will purchase the meat from the market or they will slaughter accordance to the syariaah. If not I may decline to go or just say my stomach is fulled.
Abuikhlas: May I ask you something. Are you slaughter the sheep rightly accordance to islam?
Mr Zeki: Sure...of course...
Abuikhlas: Ok. I wait for your next invitation then...
.
So I got an idea now......If Mr Zeki call me I would tell him what recipe that I wanted to have. Hahahah...surely I will ask him to prepare roasted lamb marinated with thousand spices. Let the aroma and the smoke of the BBQ fill the air of Kinyali.....oh...how wonderful it will be...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Rindu betul nak ke Turkmenbashi lagi .. lebih-lebih lagi merasa enaknya daging kambing

Popular posts from this blog