A Prisoner of Birth - Jeffrey Archer



'If Danny Cartwright had proposed to Beth Wilson the day before, or the day after, he would not have been arrested and charged with the murder of his best friend. And when the for prosecution witnesses are a barrister, a popular actor, an aristocrat and the youngest partner in an established firm's history, who is going to believe his side of the story?
.
Danny is sentenced to twenty-two years and is sent to Belmash prison, the highest security jail in the land, from where no inmate has ever escaped. But everyone has underestimated Danny's determination to seek revenge and Beth's relentless quest to win justice......'

It was awesome and marvelous that I can describe after finished my reading. I took merely a week to complete the series as the writer keep on forcing me to complete his novel immediately. I felt that my eyes were glued to each word and narrations of the writer and waiting for the next events impatiently. I never read any novel by Jeffrey Archer and with my first trial I would give him a thump up for his excellent attempt. No doubt that the Sunday Times award him the encomium as British John Grisham.
.
At first I really thought that Danny was already dead and Nick acquired a split character of Danny and himself when he says, 'Think like Danny and act like Nick'. I admired how the plots were arranged especially during the court proceeding before the juror and the judge. Towards the end then only one's realized that Nick was the one that was murdered in the prison by Leach by mistake and not Danny, and how Danny took advantage of the granted parole to Nick and to act like Nick to escape from the prison, to seek revenge over four prosecution witness.

Comments

Ahmad Al-Hadi said…
lorrr....hang tak pernah baca karya J Archer.....Dia ini memang pada aku pencerita yang hebat....kau kena baca short stories dia....
Abu Ikhlas said…
Kodi,

ni lah buku dia yg pertama aku baca... lepas ni nak cari lagi la...

Popular posts from this blog