Why Is The Moon Look That Way????

Every night I would bring my son Ikhlas with me to the mosque to perform congregational prayers i.e Isyak and Tarawih. After 15 minutes from breaking our fast, we went to the nearest surau for our maghrib prayer. Ikhlas is 10 years old and he likes to question me a lot. Last time we brought Yusuff along but he liked to play around the mosque and finally I asked him to remain at home. He detested my order very much.

While I was enjoying my driving last night for Isya, Ikhlas asked my why the moon appeared like that? He was watching it through the window. I try to peep from the window but I just couldnt see. I asked him,'What do you mean?'. 'Is the moon ecclipses?', he replied. As I turned my car to the right then I can view the moon clearly.

' It is not the ecclipse of the moon. We call it crescent. Do you know why the moon is becoming crescent?'. He shook his head and I knew he deserved further explanation. And I knew that I needed to give him a smart and simple explanation. Now our conversation like the song Que Serra Serra...hehehehe.

Then I told him,' Our muslim calender is following the cyclic of the moon. It means that the moon start to appear at first day of every month. By the 15th day of the month, the moon will be a full moon. On the 16th day of the month, the moon starts to reduce in size and will disappear by the 29th or 30th day. That is why we need to sight the moon of Ramadhan when we are supposed to fast.' Then I asked him whether he understood of what I had mentioned. He noted comprehensively.

Actually there were so many questions from my children asking about everything. If they ask about religion especially the unseen things like god, heaven, hell etc, I really have to answer in a very simple way yet precise to make them understand.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog