I Need A Rotary Cutter

It is all about passion that drives and motivates you to do something. That is what happen to me for the past few weeks engaging myself doing patchwork quilt for my children. I will ensure that each one of them will have their own quilt that would be spread over their beds.

Now I am finishing the quilt for Ubai. Everything is stitched by hand and takes a lot of time to complete one quilt. Yesterday I have finished patching the blocks of squares and hopefully today my wife will preapare the padding and ready for hand stitch. It was a tiring effort but the product must be overwhelmed when everything is ready.

When you are doing quilting, to cut and stitch to an accurate measurement is very important. If not the size of the blocks cannot be matched and you have to adjust here and there and might distorted the shape. Do you know why it is happening? Firstly it is the tools that you are using. We always taught that using scissors is ok to cut fabric. But to cut fabric for making quilt might not to be suitable. The fabric may not be straight and twist a bit and end up the straight line might not be achieved. The final result would be dissatisfactory. However, we could get the precise dimensions but we need to pin here and there on the fabric.

In order to have a precise measurement, I need to use a rotary cutter. You can get it here but it is quite expensive. I have made an order in the internet for a rotary cutter, blades and sharpener to make my quilt activity much easier,better and faster. Hopefully I will receive all of them in 10 days time and I am ready to roll!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog