Baju Kurung

Yesterday I wondered where should I go for lepaking? Ampang Park! Yeah...thats better. Eventhough AP is considered a small shopping mall but it has everything to offer. There are restaurants, boutiques, supermarket,McD and many more. When come to festival seasons AM just marvelous to offer traditional costumes.

There is a kiosk selling traditional baju kurung. The fabric quite unique. It looks like a saree fabric but it is not. Neither it looks like songket. I could say it matches in between those two. I took few minutes looking at the clothes and ask permission to take photos. The sales girl quite reluctant to allow me initially. After explaning my intention then she agreed.

I took few snaps and I told her that I am going to write in my blog. It is a free advertisement to promote her clothes. When I asked her why she initially refused me to take the photos, she said people will copy the pattern and design. I partially agree with her but design of traditional baju kurung remained the same since our ancestors. Oh.....she meant the beads pattern. Ok....she got the point and I respect her opinion.

Hari raya will arrive in two months time. Some people have made earlier preparation to order new baju kurung and no more orders from local tailors. As usual I would be very busy to do shopping for my 9 children. For my sons is very easy to handle. Just give them the money and they know what to do. Quick and easy. But not for my daughters or anak daras. They are so fussy about it. I have to take them to the boutique and they want to make their own selection. You have to be patience. They could take a lot of time to decide which one to choose and finally seek my opinion. Yeah.....when they ask my opinion, I have plenty of comments to express...

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog