Merchant Rice

I thought of skipping lunch today. But I need a nice place to lepak. When I went down to the food court I went straight to Belanga. Belanga is a Malay word for wok. There was a set lunch that cost only rm13.99. The set consist of the main dish, drink and a kueh. I was not yet seduced by the scrumptious menu yet. When I saw the fried chicken automatically my stomach started to grumble. Should I surpress my desire or just to ignore it? Yes, I lost the battle of temptation of the fried chicken against my diet. Finally I ordered merchant rice or locally called nasi dagang.

What I can comment the food is ok but the way they cooked the rice is out. The rice is too soft and the taste of ginger, fenugreek and sliced onion was not there...hhhhmmm. The flavour and aroma is not there. The presentation was good. I should have cooked better...hihihi. There again my unwarranted comments. Anyway the original nasi dagang from the east coast is still the best. The gravy with tuna or ikan tonggol is preferable than the fried chicken. I think, I should prepare for my family this weekend.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog