Life Is Not That Easy


I went to visit my daughter at he hostel. Today is a school open day and parents were invited to participate in the fiesta and meet the form teacher and getting the mid-term results. My daughter's results were not very convincing. The results were like a yoyo spinning up and down. I spent more than 40 minutes deliberately talking to the teacher. I was not sure whether the teacher started to get bored with my perpertual speach or I was branded to lepas geram. Hhhmmm.....I did not think that I wanted to lepas geram but more to suggestion.

First I asked why need to shorten the school holidays? Lets they enjoy their holidays without being harrassed with assignments and studies. Let they feel free to release the pressures and improve their quality time with families and feel rejuvenated. Once they completed their holiday, they are fresh and the mind is energetic enough to accept the challenges. To shorten the holiday is not going to improve anything. Just like to increase the volume of an ocean by throwing a bucket of water. No spiritual effects at all.

Secondly, why need to extend the class period up to five in the evening. They are kids and not adults. Their body and mental demand enough rest in order to be healthy. They are not robots without feeling and emotion. With classes to attend and the assignments to finish, they are studying round the clock and the results are not impressive any way. How about the teachers? Nobody can work beyond the limit because once the energy has reached the plateau, it never climbs up again instead slowly declining.

Thirdly, why need to rush and speed up to finish the syllibus if the students never understood anything being taught? It may benefit the bright students but how about the slow learners? The school is not boosting the morale but instead killing the students spirit and ability of learning.

Schools and teachers only wanted the best results but the way they implement the system is very wrong. I know the system is not actually coming from the school or teachers but from Ministry of Education. By the way I try to console and motivate my daughter not to panic. There is time for her to thorough her revision and gather a new spirit and confidence.

You know what happened to the teacher? She just smiled at me and proposed to say out loud during PIBG. hehehehe......but I like the teacher. She is so cute.....
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog