Polka Dot Apam

First of all, who can help me to define a perfect word for Apam. Let me explain a little bit about apam and perhaps you could derive a suitable word for apam. From my naive knowledge, a simple explanation of apam is a cup cake in a different version. First, it is made of rice flour mixed with soaked rice and yis. Leave the mixture overnight for fermentation then steam in a cup the next morning. The other one is just like a sponge cake. Instead of baking you steaming it. Rop, I need your help to find a correct word.

Few weeks ago I shown my wife the beauty of polka dot apam. Actually the multiple colours made it looked very superbly attractive. I browsed the internet to find the receipe and copied it to my wife. As usual my wife is very keen of cooking. I need to help her to demonstrate the method of doing things coz her English is not that good. My English???? Not that good bcoz english is not my native language too.

Today when I smsed her whether she will prepare apams she remained silent. Suddenly in the evening she rang me and the apams are ready. Wow...that wonderful. When I returned home I saw lovely and cute apams. One sincere comment from me was the colours must vividly contrast between the dots and base. One more comment. The dots should put in the piping bag with a tiny round nozzle to make a perfect dot instead of cutting directly the piping bag. Never mind....you always can perfect you skill. Excellent attempt!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

Comments

i amsterdam said…
I have always wanted to try this cute little apam. Must try it one of these days..

The difference between apam and cupcake? Satu kukus, satu bakar... satu traditional dan satu lagi western. Tok nenek kita dulu2 kan tak ada letrik... itulah sebabnya kuih2 kita semua banyak dikukus!!!
Abu Ikhlas said…
Dah cuba ke???? It just like a sponge cake la...

Popular posts from this blog