Fresh Tortila

The mexican calls it tortila. The Indian calls it chapati. And there are varieties of bread (as I call them coz they are liok a like) and quite similar to one to another. I still remember when I was in India years ago, I used to order garam chai ( hot tea with fresh milk) and chapati ( it was white and thin like a tissue paper) before I performed my fajar prayer at a small restaurant in front of the mosque. The restaurant open for 24 hours to serve the people that come and go as regular as it could be.

Wow....my introduction of my tortila is driving me to India! Few weeks ago I told my wife what tortila was. And I told her the recipe that I found in the internet. She was delighted and keened to try and prepare for us. For her first attempt the taste and texture almost perfect. She filled the tortila with chicken and salad, and dressing with mayo and chili sauce. Wow...it was fantastic. My children liked them very much and she had tried for few times with different version of filling.

When my mom came to my house, my wife served her tortila and she was delighted and happy to eat it. Infact she asked for the recipe...... (it was always like that....asking for recipe and never do it). After tortila what is the next new recipe? Let we do some wafers for our children. It must be very interesting!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog