The Influence Of The French

Vietnam has its own uniqueness. Why did I say that? Let me tell you what I knew and understood .... Ok? When I touched down the airport runway, my mind was running like a programed computer. I started to have negative perceptions. Especially about cleanliness, disarray of city, the uncivilised people and many more. Perhaps my uninvited thoughts because what we percieved the people of Vietnam leaving in Malaysia being as hard labours and general workers.

Went I went along the road to the city, as expected there were many motorcycles with estimated of half the population of Hanoi i.e. 3.7 millions. That is an incredible number. That means for two Vietnamese they share a motorbike.

I met a Malaysian yesterday while having lunch at Nisa Restaurant. He told me all colonial buildings are considered heritage and painted yellow. This to include all goverment buildings. Oooo.....I took note on that. No wonder there are many colonial buildings along the street next to each other. It was very French. You could identify them from the design of the pillars, windows and the facade. I thought only old buildings appear to be french architectural design.

Today on the way to Ha Long Bay, with 4 hours journey, I attempted to sleep. The road was bumpy and the shaking and twisting of my body made it impossible to sleep, plus the cramped leg room made me twisted left to right after few minutes interval. I said to myself better enjoy the scenery along the road. I was surprise I could see many houses along the road are very french in nature. Not the old houses only but the new houses architecturally very french. My first thought was it should be more like pagoda design due to their culture and neighboring to China. I was completely wrong.

For your information, French conquered and rule Vietnam for 50 years. Today they celebrate their 35th Independence Day. By the way I like French Architecture.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog