Ferry Oh Ferry

Today I brought my family to experience the cruise of a ferry. It has been for sometimes we have not used a ferry to Penang Island. The last that I could remember was 4 years ago when I brought my children during school holidays. Normally whenever we go to Penang we would use the great Penang Bridge which is faster.

Ferry is very much sentimental and nostalgia because I could remember my parents took me to Penang to visit their relatives using the ferry. It was 40 years ago. When my mummy tagged me along and we walked passing the customs I told my mummy to stop for a while and let the customs tidy up our baggage. Mummy would jerk my hands and informed me that was unnecessary. I wondered why mummy refused their assistance but she would never explain to me perhaps because I was still a small kid. When I grew up then I realised why mummy never stopped at the customs. During that time Penang was declared as a free duty island.

The ride to the main land took about 15 minutes and then I noticed that they have many different colours not just yellow as before.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog